How to Share Your Google Calendar with Others
If you use Google Calendar, you know how convenient it is for managing your daily tasks, appointments, and events. But did you know that you can also share your calendar with others? This enables you to collaborate and keep everyone in your team or family organized. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps of sharing your Google Calendar. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Log in to Your Google Account
The first step is to log in to your Google account. You can do this by opening your Gmail or any other Google service and clicking on the “Sign in” button at the top right corner of the page.
Step 2: Access Google Calendar
Once you’re logged in, click on the “Apps” button (represented with nine small white squares) at the top right corner and select “Calendar” from the list of apps.
Step 3: Choose Your Calendar
From the list of calendars on the left side of your screen, select the one you want to share. If you haven’t created a calendar yet, click on the “Create” button at the top and give your calendar a name.
Step 4: Click on “Settings”
Next, click on the “Settings” gear icon at the top right corner of your screen and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Select “Share with Specific People”
In the “Settings” menu, select the “Share with specific people” option under the “Permissions” tab.
Step 6: Add People to Share With
Now, you can add people by entering their email addresses in the “Add people” field. You can also choose to share your calendar with everyone in your organization (if you have a G Suite account) or with anyone who has the link to your calendar.
Step 7: Choose Permissions
Below the “Add people” field, you can choose the level of permissions you want to give to the people you’re sharing your calendar with. Here are the three options you can choose from:
- See Only Free/Busy (Hide Details) – The viewers can only see when you’re busy or available, but they won’t be able to see the details of your events.
- See All Event Details – This option enables the viewers to see all the details of your events, including the location, notes, and attendees.
- Make Changes AND Manage Sharing – This option allows the viewers to make changes to your calendar, such as adding or editing events.
Choose the permissions according to your preference and click on “Send.” An email will be sent to the people you added, and they’ll be able to view and access your calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I share my calendar with someone who doesn’t have a Google account?
- Can I revoke someone’s access to my calendar?
- Can I limit the events that are visible to the people I share my calendar with?
- Is there a limit to the number of people I can share my calendar with?
Yes, you can share your calendar with anyone by selecting the “Get shareable link” option under the “Permissions” tab. They can access your calendar by simply clicking on the link.
Yes, you can remove someone’s access to your calendar by clicking on the “X” next to their name under the “Permissions” tab.
Yes, you can choose to show or hide certain events by clicking on the event and selecting the “edit event” option. Then, check or uncheck the box that says “Show me as busy.”
No, you can share your calendar with as many people as you want.
So, that’s how you can easily share your Google Calendar with others. Collaborate and stay organized by following these simple steps. Happy sharing!