Can I Sync Apple Calendar with Google Calendar?
The Short Answer
Yes, it is possible to sync your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar. However, the process can be a bit tricky and may require some technical knowledge. But don’t worry, we will walk you through the steps to make it as easy as possible.
Why Sync Your Calendars?
Before we dive into the process of syncing your calendars, let’s first understand why it can be beneficial. By syncing your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar, you can access all your events and appointments from any device, whether it is an iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or computer. It eliminates the need to manually transfer events from one calendar to another, saving you time and effort.
How to Sync Apple Calendar with Google Calendar?
Now that we know the benefits of syncing, let’s get into the steps to make it happen.
Step 1: Export from Apple Calendar
The first step is to export your events from Apple Calendar. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Apple Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the calendar you want to export.
- Tap on the “Share” icon.
- Choose “Export Calendar”.
- Select a suitable format and tap “Next”.
- Choose a destination to save your exported calendar and tap “Save”.
Make sure to choose an easily accessible location and remember the file name as you will need it in the next step.
Step 2: Import to Google Calendar
The next step is to import the exported calendar to Google Calendar. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Calendar on a computer.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner and select “Settings”.
- In the left menu, select “Import & export”.
- Click on “Select file from your computer” and choose the calendar file you exported from Apple Calendar.
- Choose your Google Calendar where you want to import the events and click “Import”.
Step 3: Set Up Sync Between Devices
If you want to keep your events synced between your Apple and Google calendars, you will need to set up synchronization between your devices. This step may require some technical knowledge and may vary depending on your devices. A quick Google search should provide you with step-by-step instructions.
Step 4: Voila! Your Calendars Are Now Synced!
Once you have completed the above steps, your Apple Calendar