Adding Music to Your Google Slides: A Complete Guide
If you’re looking to make your Google Slides presentation more engaging and memorable, adding music can be a great way to achieve that. Not only does it set the mood and tone for your presentation, but it also adds another layer of creativity and personalization. However, the process of adding music to a Google Slide can be confusing for some users, especially those who are not tech-savvy. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of adding music to your Google Slides and provide answers to some frequently asked questions.
Can You Add Music to a Google Slide?
The answer is yes! Although Google Slides does not have a built-in feature for adding music, there are a few workarounds you can use to achieve the desired result. One method is by inserting a video with background music, while the other is by using an add-on or extension.
Method 1: Adding a Video with Background Music
The first method to add music to your Google Slides presentation is by inserting a video with background music. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your Google Slides presentation and navigate to the slide where you want to add music.
- Click on the Insert tab and select Video.
- In the search bar, enter keywords like “background music” or “royalty-free music” to find a suitable video for your presentation.
- Once you’ve selected a video, click on Insert to add it to your slide.
- Resize the video and move it to a corner of your slide to make sure it doesn’t distract from your presentation.
- Finally, adjust the video’s playback settings by right-clicking on it and selecting Video options. Here, you can choose to have the video play automatically or on-click.
Method 2: Using an Add-on or Extension
If the first method doesn’t work for you, or you want more control over the music, you can use an add-on or extension to add music to your Google Slides presentation. Here’s how:
- First, you’ll need to download and install the AudioPlayer for Slides add-on or Slideshow Music extension.
- Once installed, open your Google Slides presentation and navigate to the slide where you want to add music.
- Click on the Add-ons tab and select either AudioPlayer for Slides or Slideshow Music (depending on which one you installed).
- Follow the prompts to select the music you want to add to your slide. You can either choose from the add-on/extension’s library or upload your own music from your computer.
- The add-on/extension will add a music icon to your slide, which you can resize and move to your desired location.
- Finally, adjust the music’s playback settings, such as volume and loop, by clicking on the music icon and selecting Edit.
FAQs: Your Burning Questions Answered
1. Is it legal to add music to Google Slides presentations?
Yes, as long as you have the necessary permissions or licenses for the music you’re using. If you’re using royalty-free or copyright-free music, you don’t need to worry about legal implications.
2. Can I use any format for the music file?
You can only use MP3 or WAV files for adding music to your Google Slides presentation through the add-on/extension method. If you’re using the video method, you can use other formats such as MP4 and AVI.
3. Can I add more than one music file to my presentation?
No, you can only add one music file per slide, but you can have different music for each slide in the presentation.
4. Can I preview the music before adding it to my presentation?
Yes, the audio player add-on/extension allows you to preview the music before adding it to your slide.