A Complete Guide to Embedding a Video in Google Slides
As technology continues to advance, more and more people are relying on presentations to convey their ideas and information. And one of the most popular presentation tools is Google Slides, with its easy-to-use interface and collaborative features. But have you ever wondered if you can embed a video in your Google Slides presentation? The answer is yes! In this guide, we will explain how to embed a video in Google Slides step by step, and provide you with some additional tips and tricks along the way. So let’s get started!
What is Google Slides?
Google Slides is a free web-based presentation program offered by Google as part of the Google Drive office suite. It allows users to create, edit and collaborate on presentations with others in real-time. With a variety of features and templates, Google Slides makes it easy to create professional-looking presentations for work, school or personal use.
Can You Embed a Video in Google Slides?
The answer is yes, you can embed a video in Google Slides. Embedding a video means that instead of inserting a video file into your presentation, you can link to a video that is hosted online. This is especially useful when working with large video files or when you want to ensure that your presentation runs smoothly on different devices.
How to Embed a Video in Google Slides
Now that you know it’s possible to embed a video in Google Slides, let’s go through the steps on how to do it.
- Open your Google Slides presentation or create a new one.
- Go to the slide where you want to insert the video.
- Click on the “Insert” tab in the top menu bar.
- Select “Video” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Insert video” pop-up window, choose the type of video you want to insert:
- “By URL”: this option allows you to insert a video from a YouTube, Vimeo or other online video platform by copying and pasting the video’s URL.
- “Google Drive”: this option allows you to insert a video from your Google Drive storage by selecting it from the list.
- “From Google Photos”: this option allows you to insert a video from your Google Photos by selecting it from the list.
- “Search”: this option allows you to search for a video on the web and insert it into your presentation.
- Once you have selected your video, click “Insert”. The video will now be embedded into your slide.
And that’s it! Your video is now embedded into your Google Slides presentation. You can resize and move the video as you please, just like any other object in your presentation.
Tips and Tricks for Embedding Videos in Google Slides
Here are a few tips to help you make the most out of embedding videos in Google Slides: