Recording on Google Meet – A Comprehensive Guide
In recent years, Google Meet has become one of the most popular video conferencing platforms, especially in the UK. With its user-friendly interface, reliable features, and seamless integration with other Google products, it has become a go-to choice for virtual meetings, classes, and events. However, one question that often arises is – can you record on Google Meet? The answer is yes, and in this article, we will dive into the details of how to do it effectively. So, let’s get started!
How to Record on Google Meet
Before we get into the specifics, it is important to note that recording on Google Meet is only available for G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education users. If you have one of these accounts, here’s how you can record a meeting:
- Start a Google Meet session either through the web or mobile app.
- Once the meeting has started, click on the three dots at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select the option ‘Record meeting’.
- A notification will appear at the top of your screen stating that the meeting is being recorded.
- When you want to stop the recording, click on the three dots again and select ‘Stop recording’.
- The recording will be saved to the organizer’s Google Drive in a folder named ‘Meet Recordings’.
Additional Tips and Features for Recording on Google Meet
Aside from the basic recording function, here are some tips and features that can enhance your recording experience on Google Meet:
- Record the meeting from the beginning: By default, the recording starts from the moment you click on ‘Record meeting’. However, if you want to record the entire meeting, you can enable the ‘Save extensions’ setting found in the Google Admin console.
- Record with captions: Google Meet offers live captions, and these can also be recorded along with the meeting. The captions will appear at the bottom of the recording so that viewers can follow along even without audio.
- Determine who can view the recording: By default, only the organizer and participants in the same domain can access the recording. However, the organizer can change this setting and make it available to anyone with the link or specific people outside of their domain.
What are the system requirements for recording on Google Meet?
In order to record a meeting on Google Meet, you will need a computer, laptop, or mobile device with a working microphone and camera. You will also need a stable internet connection and a G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education account.
Can I edit the recording after it has been saved to Google Drive?
Yes, you can. Once the recording has been saved to Google Drive, you can download it and edit it using any video editing software. However, if you want to trim