Syncing Google Calendar with Apple: A Comprehensive Guide
Are you tired of constantly switching between your Google Calendar and Apple Calendar to keep track of your events and appointments? Well, good news for you – it is possible to sync your Google Calendar with Apple Calendar! In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to do so, along with some helpful tips and FAQs. So, let’s dive right in.
What is Google Calendar and Apple Calendar?
Google Calendar and Apple Calendar are popular digital calendar tools that allow you to create and manage events, appointments, and tasks. While Google Calendar is primarily used on Android devices and can be accessed through a web browser, Apple Calendar is the default calendar app for iOS devices.
How to Sync Google Calendar with Apple Calendar?
Synchronization – or ‘syncing’ – is the process of ensuring that the same data is available at multiple locations. When you sync your Google Calendar with Apple Calendar, any changes you make on one calendar will automatically appear on the other, saving you the hassle of manually updating both calendars.
The most convenient way to sync Google Calendar with Apple Calendar is by using a third-party app such as ‘Calendar Sync for Google Calendar’ or ‘Calendars by Readdle’. These apps can be downloaded from the App Store on your Apple device.
Once you have downloaded the app, follow these steps:
Step 1: Get an Access Key from Google Calendar
To allow the third-party app to access your Google Calendar, you need to generate an access key. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Open the ‘Google Calendar’ app on your device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines icon at the top-left corner.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on your calendar name.
- Scroll down to ‘Integrate Calendar’ and click ‘Access Key’.
- Copy the key and save it somewhere safe (you’ll need it in the next step).
Step 2: Set up the Third-Party App
Open the third-party app on your device and tap on ‘Add Account’. Select ‘Google’ as your account type and enter your access key when prompted. Once you have done so, your Google Calendar should now be synced with your Apple Calendar.
Helpful Tips for Using Synced Google Calendar and Apple Calendar
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection for the sync to work properly.
- Make sure that you are logged into the same Google account on both calendars.
- You can choose which calendars to sync by going to the settings of the third-party app.
- If you’re using multiple Apple devices, make sure to sync all of them with the same Google Calendar.
- Any changes you make on the synced calendars will take a few minutes to be reflected on the other.
1. Is it possible to sync multiple Google Calendars with Apple Calendar?
Yes, you can sync multiple Google Calendars with Apple Calendar by using third-party apps that support multiple accounts.
2. Will events created on my synced Apple Calendar appear on my Google Calendar?
Yes, any new event or appointment created on your synced Apple Calendar will also appear on your Google Calendar.
3. Can I sync Google Calendar with an Apple device that is not my primary device?
Yes, you can sync your Google Calendar with any Apple device that has the same Google account logged in.
4. Will events from my Google Calendar show up on my Apple Watch after syncing?
Yes, events from your Google Calendar will be visible on your Apple Watch once it is synced with your Apple Calendar.
5. Can I undo the sync between Google Calendar and Apple Calendar?
Yes, you can undo the sync by deleting the third-party app from your device and revoking access to your Google Calendar access key.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you on how to sync your Google Calendar with Apple Calendar. With a few simple steps, you can have both calendars updated simultaneously, making it easier for you to stay organized. So, give it a try and say goodbye to the hassle of managing two calendars!