How to Set Google News as Your Homepage
Are you tired of seeing the same old boring webpage every time you open your internet browser? We have the solution for you – setting Google News as your homepage. Not only will you have access to a wealth of up-to-date news and information, but it can also improve your overall browsing experience. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps of setting Google News as your homepage and provide valuable insights on why you should make the switch.
Why Set Google News as Your Homepage?
First and foremost, let’s establish why setting Google News as your homepage is beneficial. As the name suggests, Google News is a news aggregator service provided by the search engine giant, Google. This means that it collects news and information from various sources and organizes them into easy-to-read categories. By setting Google News as your homepage, you will have direct access to breaking news, trending topics, and personalized news tailored to your interests. Say goodbye to scrolling through countless websites to catch up on the latest news.
Setting Google News as Your Homepage – A Step-by-Step Guide
Now, let’s dive into the steps to set Google News as your homepage.
1. Open your internet browser and navigate to Google News (news.google.com)
2. On the top right corner of the screen, click on the three horizontal lines (also known as the ‘hamburger’ icon) to access the menu.
3. Click on ‘Settings’ from the menu options.
4. In the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Home Page’ from the drop-down menu under the ‘Startup section.’
5. A new section will appear where you can input your desired homepage URL. Copy and paste the following URL – https://news.google.com/
6. Click ‘Save’ to apply the changes.
7. Close and reopen your internet browser to see the changes take effect. Google News should now be your homepage.
Congratulations! You have successfully set Google News as your homepage. You can now enjoy quick and easy access to all the latest news and information.
Customizing Your Google News Homepage
Now that you have Google News as your homepage, you can further personalize it to suit your interests. Google News allows you to select specific topics, sources, and locations to display on your homepage. This can help tailor your newsfeed and ensure that you see news relevant to you.
To customize your Google News homepage:
1. In the ‘right sidebar’ of the Google News homepage, click on the three horizontal lines (the ‘hamburger’ icon).
2. Click on ‘Customize’ from the menu options.
3. You can now select topics, sources, and locations from the available options. To choose a topic, click on the arrow next to the category, and a list of available topics will appear. Click on your desired topic to add it to your homepage.
4. You can also type in keywords or specific sources in the search bar to find relevant options.
5. Once you have made all your selections, click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page.
6. Your homepage will now display news and information based on your selected preferences.
By now, you should have a clear understanding of how to set Google News as your homepage and its benefits. Not only will you have access to a wealth of news and information, but you can also customize your newsfeed to your liking. Say goodbye to a static homepage and embrace the convenience and efficiency of Google News. Set it as your homepage today and experience the benefits for yourself!
Ready to Make the Switch?
Now that you know how to set Google News as your homepage, why not make the switch? It’s a simple and easy process that can enhance your browsing experience. With Google News as your homepage, you will have access to a vast collection of news and information tailored to your interests. Don’t waste any more time scrolling through multiple websites – set Google News as your homepage and stay informed at all times.