Google Plus, also known as Google+, was a social network that was launched by Google in 2011. Despite being discontinued in 2019, it was known for its excellent features such as the ability to start a chat with other Google+ users. Starting a chat on Google Plus was a simple process that allowed users to connect, communicate, and share ideas with others in real-time. In this article, we will discuss how to start a chat on Google Plus and explore its features in detail.
Creating a Google Plus Account
Before diving into how to start a chat on Google Plus, it is essential to have a Google Plus account. Creating a Google Plus account is free, and it offers a seamless integration with other Google products such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos. Here’s how you can create a Google Plus account:
1. Go to plus.google.com on your web browser.
2. Click on the “Create Account” button.
3. Sign in with your existing Google account or create a new one.
4. Enter your personal information and complete the account creation process.
Starting a Chat on Google Plus
Once you have a Google Plus account, you can start a chat with other users by following these simple steps:
1. Sign in to your Google Plus account.
2. Find the user you want to start a chat with by searching for their name or username in the search bar at the top of the page.
3. Click on their profile to go to their Google Plus page.
4. Click on the “Message” button located on their profile.
Features of Google Plus Chat
Google Plus chat had several useful features that made it a popular choice among its users. These features included:
1. Group Chats – Users could create group chats and invite multiple people to join, making it easier to communicate with a group of friends or colleagues.
2. Share Photos and Videos – Apart from text-based chats, users could also send photos and videos in their conversations.
3. Real-time Communication – Google Plus chat was a real-time communication platform, meaning that messages were delivered instantly, making conversations flow seamlessly.
4. Emoji and Stickers – Google Plus chat offered a wide range of emojis and stickers to make conversations more fun and engaging.
5. Cross-platform Support – Google Plus chat was available on both web and mobile platforms, allowing users to stay connected and chat on the go.
Tips to Enhance Your Google Plus Chat Experience
While Google Plus chat was a simple and user-friendly platform, here are some tips to enhance your chat experience:
1. Customize Chat Notifications – You can customize your chat notifications to receive alerts only for important conversations.
2. Use Keyboard Shortcuts – Google Plus chat offered several keyboard shortcuts to make chatting more efficient. You can view all the available shortcuts by clicking on the question mark icon in the chat interface.
3. Use Bold and Italic Formatting – Google Plus chat also allowed users to format their text by using simple symbols. For example, you could make your text bold by putting an asterisk (*) before and after the word or phrase (*bold*).
4. Create Chat Rooms – With the launch of Google Hangouts, users could create and join chat rooms on Google Plus to have more organized and focused conversations.
Starting a chat on Google Plus was a simple yet effective way to connect and communicate with others. With its user-friendly interface and useful features, Google Plus chat allowed users to engage in real-time conversations with friends, family, and colleagues. However, since the discontinuation of Google Plus, users can still use Google Hangouts as an alternative to continue their conversations and stay connected. So, if you haven’t tried Google Plus chat before, now is a good time to give it a try and stay connected with others in an easy and efficient way.